The Web Oriented Database
WODA is a Perl program that manages web-oriented, semi-relational, multimedia databases. It allows them to be defined, maintained, added-to, modified, and queried entirely through the WWW, httpd and Web Services interfaces and without (much) programming.
News (March 2009):
WODA is free and developement start again! More to comes later See also Woda account on Launchpad
4.603 released now HTML 4.01 validated (for what its worth) ... more.
WODA is listed as #1 web database connectivity tool at Google's Directory.
See also: www.rent-a-db.com A site using WODA technology to allow anyone to build databases through a browser only.
It includes file upload/download, industry standard search syntax, query generator, relations among tables (not limited to tables on the same server), password protection of records, user management, login and registration, different access privileges, sending of serial email, agent reporting new items by email, export/import from Windows applications, shopping basket, compatibility with Office 2003, WSLD, SOAP etc. etc.
In all some 150 different pages are created automatically, based on typically 100-200 lines of varous settings. In these settings, advanced users can use Perl programming language to enhance its functionality.
- Features: what can WODA do for you.
- Release notes: what is new in the latest version.
- Administrator's manual - a must read for all Woda developers.
- Configurable parameters.
- Perl API
- Help file for the end users.
- Troubleshooting FAQ.
- License and download.
- WODA mailing list archive and how to subscribe.
- A guided tour of WODA version 3. (outdated!)
- A paper describing ideas about WODA.
- Presentation of WODA (version 2!) in Slovene language.
- Home of the French, Italian and German translations of WODA.
- Other Perl scripts by the same author
Third party documentation and help:
WODA: the database tool for the World Wide Web
March 3, 2009